Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Fair is a Veritable Smorgasboard!

Greetings from the Tulsa State Fair!

Let's start off our tour with a mermaid the Short One and I created in the largest sand box I have ever seen! Yes, she was destroyed seconds after this picture was snapped by what had to be a kid's size 8 tennis shoe to the tail.
After our mermaid was destroyed, S.O. decided to try her hand at a much smaller castle. All hail the sand castle mold!

Next we took a ride in a gondola over the Midway. She was all happy and enjoying the ride till I told her to look down.

A slightly blurry pic of the Midway courtesy of hubby's cell phone. But I digress. You came for knitting content, no? Well, I entered three things in the fair. Without further ado, here's how it turned out!
Here's a baby set I threw together at the last moment. Yes, the ugly yellow thing. Red ribbon!

Not knitted, but crocheted, my little star baby blankie also got a red ribbon. On to my shawl.

Sigh. Another red ribbon, but placed next to best in show. There's always next year, right?

2 comments:

ljmax said...

Thanks to you and templeton, I can't get that song out of my head now!

Rebecca said...

JANINE!!!!! I've been looking for you girlfriend! I still have your crochet book I need to get back to you. And we need to get together and knit! My blog is now at heartknits.wordpress.com so come see me!!!
Maybe we could meet up at Fringe?
Oh and I'm teaching at Michaels' now.
hope to talk you to soon!